Coronavirus visiting procedure
1. Families to ring and book a slot for their visit
2. Families must Nominate 1 Individual plus another person over 18yrs from the same household to visits in the Lodge. It must be the same 2 people and they will be allowed 1 visit per week. For Window visits other family members will be allow, again only 1 visit per week, this is ONLY if we can accommodate this number of visits weekly considering that every residents needs at least 1 visit per week off their family.
3. No Children or Animals can visit the Lodge or the Window.
4. The visitor’s Declaration Form must be completed (1 FORM FOR EACH VISITOR) and returned to be checked before the visit can go ahead. If no internet connection forms must be brought with you and checked via telephone before the visit can go ahead.
5. On coming into the car park visitors are asked to wear a face covering until they have entered the Lodge.
6. Before entering the Lodge visitors MUST clean their hands using the hand sanitizer which will be situated outside the Lodge door.
7. Once in the Lodge you will find a box with P.P.E. inside you must wear an apron and gloves.
8. When the 30 MINUTE visit has finished, please remove all P.P.E. and place in the clinical waste bin.
9. Please clean your hands on leaving the Lodge.
10. Please e-mail all Visitors Declaration Form back to – [email protected]
Visits will be recorded on a visitor’s sheet these will be kept with the Visitors Declaration forms to be used in the event of track and tracing. All visitor’s sheets with contact details and records of temperatures etc will be kept in a file along with the visitor’s declaration form for 21 days. Visitors will be made aware of this procedure.
Families bringing gifts etc need to be in a plastic bag and placed at the front door. Staff will bring in the bag in to be sanitized then all gifts to be taken up to the resident’s bedroom. Disinfectant wipes and gloves are in the reception area in the infection control box ready for cleaning gifts given from families.
Abbeywood will always follow any national or local restriction that are in place at the time. We adhere to all recommendations and advice from the Government and Infection Control Teams.
Risk assessment will be reviewed every month or as and when required if restrictions change regarding Covid-19. Any outbreak of Covid-19 infections within our home we will suspend all window and lodge visits immediately. Families of our residents will be notified of changes as and when they happen via telephone or email.